Amazing Songkran Experience festival 2017 will take place at Benjasiri Park in Bangkok from 8-13 April 2017 from 12.00 to 20.00 hrs. The event will showcase the unique local experiences and provide an insight into some of the fascinating Sonkran traditions from every part of Thailand. The festival is divided into four zones, each of which is packed with demonstrations of local culture, and cuisine.
The four zones at Amazing Songkran Experience festival 2017 include:
Zone 1: Tourists will get the chance to appreciate the more spiritual side of Songkran by being blessed by pouring water on a Buddha image on Mont Meru. There will be demonstrations of paying respect to elders by pouring water on theirhands, and workshop activities on making Thai scented water, scented flour bunch and Thai pot-pourri, dried flowers.
Zone 2: Discover Songkran Celebration in Five Regions. Every region in the country will celebrate the Songkran festival. This zone will gather a variety of myths, cultures, and traditions, representing each region of Thailand. This zone includes:
- The northern region calls their Songkran festivals as “Pee Mai Muang”, demonstrating local Lanna women riding a Kang Chong (a Northern vehicle) and there are also showcases of northern handicrafts.
- The northeasterners handle Songkran Festival in the simple and warm way. They call Songkran as “Boon Duen Ha” or the 5th month merit.
- The central region will offer Songkran in Phra Pradaeng, whichis one of the few places in Thailand that celebrates the Songkran Festival in the Thai-Mon style. Visitors will have the opportunity to take photos with “Loy Chai Boy”, men who dress in traditional Raman costume.
- The southern region will showcase the celebration in the fishermen style and also will teach the southern handicrafts.
- The eastern region will represent Sri Maharaja Songkran Festival in Chonburi Province. The observance of the ‘kong khao’ religious ritual and other customs related to the celebration of the Thai New Year.
- In addition, there will be the selfie zone for visitors to wear Thai costumes and take photos.
Zone 3: Unique Culinary Delights. This zone will offer food and desserts from all five regions for example, rice in ice water or Khao Chae. This will enable visitors to get a taste of the vibrancy and variety of the kingdom’s cuisine.
Zone 4: Amazing Songkran Main Stage: There will be many cultural performances and local edutainment activities from five regions of Thailand, for example, Thai Blind Boxing or Muay Tub Jak and Thai chilli paste making. Miss Amazing Songkran International Beauty Contest will be held on April 13, 2017. The six-day event will showcase the unique local experiences.
Click for more news about Songkran 2017 >>>