Magnolias Ratchadamri Boulevard, Bangkok’s new landmark, is staging a ‘Beautiful Bangkok by Magnolias @ Ratchaprasong’ 3D building projection mapping event to ring in 2018.
The show will take place on 14 to 30 December 2017 with five performances nightly at 19:00, 19:15, 19:30, 19:45, and 20:00 Hrs. On 31 December, there is an additional performance at 23:55 Hrs.
“Beautiful Bangkok by Magnolias @ Ratchaprasong” will use Magnolias Ratchadamri Boulevard as the canvas for high-technology innovative 3D building mapping projection through collaboration with the world-renowned Limelight group of artists.
Eight places where you can view the nightly 3D light show:
1. Central World
2. Ratchaprasong Skywalk (R Walk)
3. BTS Skywalk Chit Lom Station (Between Amarin Plaza and Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok)
4. Parking area at Amarin Tower (7th Floor)
5. Flyover between Gaysorn and Central World
6. Flyover with BTSSiam Station skywalk (Near Wat Patumwanaram)
7. Heaven Bangkok, Zen @ 19th Floor, Central World
8. Red Sky Bar, 55th Floor, Centara Grand at CentralWorld
The public can also join the activity by submitted their best photo for a chance to win 100,000 Baht for Beautiful Ratchaprasong or Beautiful Magnolias to email@example.com with name, address, and contact number. Contestants can also can post a photo with a caption on Facebook or Instagram and add hash tag (#) beautifulbangkok, beautifulratchaprasong, beautifulmagnolias or bangkokiconiclandmark.
Organised in collaboration with the Ratchaprasong Square Trade Association and the Tourism Authority of Thailand, the event is said to be Thailand’s first ever 3D projection mapping performance on a 60-story skyscraper.
Magnolias Ratchadamri Boulevard is a mixed-use development worth over 11 billion Baht. The 60-story high-rise development is on 9,600 sq m (6 rai) of prime land on Ratchadamri Road.